Monday, May 24, 2010

Keeping house.

Ok, I am living alone when my husband is deployed. The house never gets messy like it does when there are little kids running around. (Or my husband!) But things still get dirty and old. I have pets that can seem to make just as big of a mess as a two year old. I discovered the website FlyLady some time ago.Not all of the information was helpful but I was able to utilize a great deal and modify it to fit our life.

I will admit the system works SO much better when there is someone that comes in the door in the evening for dinner. But in some ways it has helped keep me on track. One of the main things was the home organization book.  It is easy to set up and the book walks you through it and even helps make it pertain to your life. Now, whatever I need to know is in one place and I don't have to go on a wild hunt tracking down phone numbers, warranties or medical information.

I am getting close now to redeployment and need to get myself back on some form of schedule now. I have had almost a year off from having to worry about dust bunnies in the corner. With the SHE system it helps put housework into bite size pieces so you don't spend half of your life cleaning the house.

If you have heard of the system, use the system or have even read the book I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. If you haven't read the book I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment