Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cooking for one.

This has to be one of the biggest challenges we face. And I will honestly admit my eating habits are some of the worst! My energy went with my husband. I guess my energy thinks it will be more of a benefit for him than for me. My energy didn't want to be alone so along with it she took my motivation.

Lacking now in both of those vital functions daily life is hard to get through. I will get the occasional visit from one of them but it never seems to be both at the same time.

I still have to tackle the chore of eating. And not just eating but making healthier choices because I have no energy to get rid of any extra calories I might consume.

Soup and Crackers.Yep, good old fashioned simple easy to digest Campbell's soup with some crackers. It fills me up, makes two meals and doesn't have an extraordinary high amount of fat and calories. Of course I'm not getting all my nutrients that way and since my appetite goes on vacation almost daily I have to supplement that. How? I get thirsty. This is where I bring in variety to my fabulous meal plan! Carnation Instant breakfast (I LOVE the strawberry), Boost, Special K protein shakes, even SlimFast (which has my nutrients and protein)

I manage quite well on that diet. I don't buy junk food lest I be tempted to eat it for a meal. Well, I don't buy it very often. Sometimes you just NEED some. So when I do buy junk food I get some form of muffin that gives the appearance of being healthy.

Then there are days here and there that I feel like cooking. I have always cooked for crowds. Learning to cook for just one is not easy. I find recipes and modify them a bit and depending on the food I will make more and freeze some for another homecooked meal on some other day. My collection of recipes is small but I am working on it and would like input of what you do for cooking for one.(I am going to try to find another hosting site for the recipes. This one requires a log in. If you want to see the recipes let me know and I will send you the log in info.)


Check out the recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment