Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Well meaning people.

We have a wide and far spread network of friends. I love my friends. I just wish sometimes they could 'get it.'

I consistently get emails from them. That's a good thing right? Well yes and no. They are pretty much standard short one line emails. They almost always go like this:

"Just wanted to say hi and check on your hubby. All is well here."

I always respond with "He is doing well, all is good."

What I wish they could get is, that once in a while, those people that send the email would stop and ask 'how are you doing?'

Of course my response would be 'great!' But it would just be the thought that they stopped to ask about me. I don't really blame them. They don't know any better. They don't know the sacrifices that we make right along with our spouses. The fears that we live with daily. The additional stressors we have in our lives. I always think too it would be better if they just asked HIM how he is doing. He loves getting mail. He would love to know people are thinking about him. I always relay the message, but it's not the same. He might not be able to respond right away, and he will probably even forget. But just let him know. Second hand caring just isn't the same.

Perhaps they are hoping for something I can't give. Information that is private that I probably don't even know. I don't know. My husband and I are secret keepers. We don't tell each other anything unless that person has told us to tell the other. That includes information he knows about himself and movements, missions, etc.

I would love to know every move he makes. It would make me feel more secure knowing where he was every moment. But then again, it could make my life a living hell. I probably don't want to know when he is outside the wire, in fact I'm sure I don't. I prefer my pretend world where is always safe and secure in his CHU.

No comments:

Post a Comment