Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Things

A place for everything and everything in its place. Words I was raised by, words I live by. My husband is a bit more laid back. It was a clash between us until I learned to relax a little about things being out of order and him realizing how much things lying around drove me crazy.

When he is deployed I slip back into my orderly life. But I notice now that I miss his things being out of place. To most with my orderly personality it could be a source of constant annoyance. To me the things are reminders he is here.

He just left this morning after a two week R&R. I wandered around for a couple hours lost, like I always do when he leaves. I started the laundry and picking up things. Each 'thing' I pick up now reminds me that he is gone and I won't see the things for a long time. It was tempting me to leave some things out. I might yet. As I'm cleaning I might just find something of his that needs to be left out. To remind me that he is a part of my life and will return soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment