Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Project Evergreen - Greencare for Troops

Greencare for Troops

This is a wonderful organization funded by Cub Cadet that gives help to military families with deployed soldiers to their lawn care. Here is an excerpt from their website: GreenCare for Troops is a nationwide outreach program coordinated by Project EverGreen that connects local green industry professionals with men and women serving our country in the armed forces away from home.

I signed up with them in August 2009. There is a disclaimer that I would be contacted when a volunteer was available in my area. I didn't hear anything back until January 2010. A volunteer family came in and cleaned my back yard, mowed, pulled weeds and just did an overall cleanup of the mess winter left behind.

I encourage you to either become a volunteer if you are capable of helping someone or signing up to have someone help with your yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment