Thursday, February 18, 2010

A little late.

That title covers a great deal of topics in the last two years of my life. The biggest being that at age 40 my husband reenlisted into the US Army. He'd been there before before he was even 20. It is a first for me. Because, even though I had heard it, I never really 'understood' that being married to a soldier meant I married the Army too.

A little late in that he is already 8 months into his Iraq deployment. It took me 7 months to find myself. There are no kids at home, we moved 1500 miles away from family and friends and there is really no FRG for family members with no children.

I have had this sense since he went back in that because I'm over 40 I'm old hat at this Army stuff and should just know which direction to go. Who to talk to about what. How to fill out 20 pages of forms for any little thing that is needed. And also wondering, does anyone really know any of this??

I want this blog to be a help to the older new Army wives. The ones who feel as lost and alone as I have. I have been blessed to meet another lady who has grown children and has been there and done that. She has been a pillar of support for me. I wish I could have met her two years ago.

I will apologize now, I am not a writer. My grammar is awful. I am just going to put it in here and hope what information I can share will help someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment