Saturday, June 18, 2011

Just Because


Have you ever received an unexpected letter in the mail? Not email. Regular old fashioned mail.

Did it make you smile and feel warm inside?

It does me.

I am the WORST when it comes to sending mail and 'thank you' cards. Or birthday, anniversary, Easter, Christmas, etc. But I do try to remember.

I challenge you to look in your addresses wherever they may be and pick someone to send a card or letter to. It doesn't have to say much. Just a 'thinking about you' would be fine. (This doesn't include your spouse whom I hope you are already writing to.)

If you are worried about your handwriting, try printing. If that is also bad use the computer but do sign the letter.

You might be surprised and get mail back! Even if you don't, knowing that you put a smile on someone's face is worth so much more.

Let me know how many you send. My goal is one per month to someone new. That doesn't seem like much but when you are as bad as I am about sending letters it is quite a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment